Table of Contents
Risk Factors in Software Development
- Do we fully understand the requirements ?
- Are the requirements adequately documented ?
- Do we have the skills in house?
- Can we train the skills
- Can we recruit the skills ?
- Are the skills common and mundane or rare and unusual ?
- We've used the technology before and know it works
- It is well regard industry wide and well know & respected, it is mature
- Technology is immature, i.e. V1.0
- Technology is bespoke
- Technology is pre-release, pre-standard, untested. Does the technology work.
- High Risk
- Medium Risk
- Low Risk
- High Impact
- Medium Impact
- Low Impact
- Highly Likely